If there was one kind of cookie I had to bake everyday , then it would be my Scrumptious Nutty Buddy cookies. I cant get enough of these and they are super easy, super tasty and easily doable.
Try these nutty buddy cookies and you will not need another nutty cookie from market ever.
¾ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup almond meal ( grinded powdered almonds)
¼ cup cashew meal (powdered cashews)
½ cup butter, at room temperature
¼ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
cashews and almonds to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl , cream the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the all purpose flour in parts and mix until fully incorporated.
- Also add the vanilla extract.
- Add the almond flour, cashew flour and mix till the mixture comes together as a dough. Do not knead much.
- Wrap the dough with a cling sheet and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the dough, keep it between two sheets of parchment paper on a flat surface
- Using a roller, roll the dough to ¼ inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutter.
- Or if u like cookies my style, take a small ball of dough, flatten it and keep in on the tray. Press sliced almonds and cashews on top of each cookie.
- Place the cookies in a baking tray and bake at 180•c for 20-25 minutes or till light they are golden brown from sides and also from the bottom.
Place on wire rack to cool completely.
Store the cookies in an airtight container