Soft paneer cubes wrapped in a melange of onion, garlic and tomatoes and the aroma of the garlic makes this recipe so yummilicious and sinful. Eat with tandoori roti or plain phulka. Takes you back to the dhabas of Punjab .Make and enjoy this super tasty paneer dish.
- Paneer – 400gm, sliced into square cubes
- Desi Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Onion – 1 cup, sliced thinly
- Tomato – 1 cup, sliced thinly
- Ginger garlic paste – 2tbsp
- Garlic – minced 2 Tbsp
- Whole dry red chilli – 2 -3
- Turmeric powder – 2 tsp
- Degi Mirch – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Roasted Dry fenugreek leaves – 2 tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Cooking cream – 1 tbsp
- garam masala – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- In a kadhai, heat 2tbsp of ghee. Add, whole red chillies roast and then add ginger garlic paste. Sautee for a minute.
- Add sliced onion and add sugar and salt. Sautee till onion turns golden.
- Add tomatoes and cook till it becomes soft. Add curd, coriander powder, turmeric, 1/2 tsp degi mirch. Cook covered till oil separates.
- Add paneer cubes and mix well. Add 1/4 cup water if needed. I generally add fresh milk malai to it at this point to avoid adding water. Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Heat a tadka pan. add 1 tbsp ghee and minced garlic. When garlic is roasted add 1/2 tsp degi mirch and add to paneer gravy.
- Lastly, add cooking cream (if you have not added fresh milk malai), roasted fenugreek leaves, coriander and garam masala. Serve hot with tandoori roti or phulka.