Monsoons are a perfect time to eat Rajasthani kadhi . Its one of my favourite thing to eat with rice. But, many times I am in mood to have a quick kadhi with chapatis and that is the time I make this boondi papad kadhi – a gluten free quick dish to be enjoyed with hot ghee chapatis and onions.
Rustic Rajasthani food at its best and quickly made when your are out of vegetables. Its an aromatic, flavourful and quick made dish. Make and relish it at any time of day and its gluten free so can be eaten by people with gluten allergy.
- Yogurt 1 1/2 cups
- 2 – Bikaneri moong papad
- 1 tbsp – Gram flour (besan)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Degi Red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ghee
- 1tsp – mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp – Rai
- 2 sprigs – Curry leaves
- 1 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
- 2-3 cloves
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1-2 Bay leaf
- 2 – broken dried red chillies, broken 2
- 1 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1 tsp – Ginger
- 1/4 cup – Boondi
- 1/2 tsp – Garam masala powder
- Fresh coriander leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, gram flour, salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Add two cups of water and blend well. Strain and set aside. Heat the oil in a non stick kadai.
- Add the bay leaf, cloves, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, rai, asafoetida and red chillies. When the seeds change colour, add the coriander powder and sauté for one minute. Add the ginger and sauté for another minute.
- Add the yogurt mixture and adjust the seasoning. Stir continuously till it boils.
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for two minutes. Add water if required.
- Roast the papad on open flame or in microwave. Roughly break into two inch pieces. Add the papad and boondi into the simmering yogurt mixture. Boil for two to three minutes and add the garam masala powder.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with ghee chapatis.