Making gluten free foods is one of my favourite thing. Its healthy for kids and for the time I’ve been gluten free , its been super good for my hairs, skin, digestion and health.
My kids are great pasta lovers. My daughter Saanvi loves a red sauce pasta, whose recipe I’ve already shared in my other post , Vegan Gluten free red sauce pasta.
My son, Rehaan eats only béchamel sauce pasta and it has always been difficult to make one low fat and low calorie one for him. This was unless I made this one and he could not find out any faults in this one and relished it. He now prefers this special white sauce pasta over the one loaded with cream, all purpose flour and butter.
This is a vegan version, If you don’t wish a vegan version , you can use butter and regular milk. This is a healthy, delicious and full of nutrient rich recipe and a perfect junk food for kids to carry to school or eat at home whenever you want.
- 300gms – Gluten free penne pasta
- 1/2 tbsp – Olive oil
- 4 cloves- Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp – oats (grinded into fine powder)
- 1 and 1/2 cup soy milk (unsweetened)
- Salt and black pepper as per taste
- Dried oregano, rosemary, thyme and basil
- Chilli flakes
- Boil pasta in plenty of salty water till al-dente. Drain, toss in oil and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add olive oil, minced garlic, cracked black pepper, oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme and sauté for half a minute.
- Add oats powder and roast till lightly fragrant.
- Add soy milk little by little and keep stirring to avoid any lumps formation.
- Bring to a boil and cook on low heat till desired consistency reached.
- Add boiled pasta and salt. Mix well and adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot topped with fresh or dried herbs and chilli flakes.