Granola is the best breakfast cereal you can eat but the store bought ones are high in sugar, fats, carbs and processed foods.
Its super easy to make a batch of granola at home and add as many things you want or you likeThis easy granola recipe will help you make perfect clumpy granola which you can store in a freezer for couple of months easily.
This granola is made with gluten free organic rolled oats, maple syrup, coconut oil,sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, almonds, cashewnuts and dried cranberries. The granola is Vegan, Sugar free and Gluten-free ,
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup raw nuts (I used 1 cup walnuts )
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, 1/4 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil cold pressed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or raw organic honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dried fruit, chopped if large (I used dried cranberries, roasted almonds)
- Pinch of saffron
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt and cinnamon. Stir to mix well.
- In a bowl, add in the oil, maple syrup and/or honey and vanilla. Mix well, until every oat and nut is lightly coated.
- Spread granola on the pan and use a spatula to spread it in an even layer and keep pressing it.
- Bake until lightly golden and toasty, about 25- 30 minutes, stirring halfway (press the stirred granola down with your spatula to create a more even layer).
- Once, out of oven , press down once again with spatula and let it cook for around an hour.
- Top with dried fruits and saffron. Break the granola into pieces with your hands if you want to retain big chunks, or stir it around with a spoon if you don’t want large chunks.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- If storing in freezer, let the desired portion stay at room temp for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Serve the granola with whipped yogurt, milk, almond milk , fruits or you can just eat it as a hungry snack like my daughter does. The possibilities are endless. You can use any dried fruits you prefer and even add dried slices of orange peel for the citrusy flavour.
Enjoy making and eating this wholesome nutritious power house and satiate your sweet cravings without disturbing your diet (and weight loss plans). Bon Appetit !!!