While I was making modaks, my daughter wanted to make some for Bappa. We decided upon her making the coconut modaks, which are made in 10 minutes. They involve zero cooking and are best to keep kids engrossed in making this awesome modaks.
If you want more Modak recipes, try out the following links:
Makes – 12 Modaks
- Desiccated Coconut – 3 cups
- Milkmaid – 300 gms
- Rose water – 1 1/2 tsp
- Kesar – Few strands
- Pink gel food colour- 2 drops
- In a big bowl, add in all the ingredients and mix well.
- If you feel that mixture is too dry add 1 tsp milkmaid more, If too wet add a little desiccated powder more.
- Grease the Modak moulds with ghee, press the coconut mix well in the mould. Demould and keep in refrigerator.