I have decided to go sugar-free for a year and the festival seasons make me crave for desserts. I decided to make these sugar-free dry fruits Modak, filled with nutrition and super easy to make. Try these modaks and they will be your guilt-free eats anytime of day and at any festival.
These modaks are gluten free, sugar free and vegan. These are best for health conscious people and for kids to feed them nuts.
If you want more Modak options, try out there uploaded recipes.
Makes : 12 Modaks
- Almonds – 24
- Cashewnuts – 30
- Pistachios – 15
- Dates (pitted) – 18
- Raisins – 4 Tbsp
- Desiccated coconut – 1 cup
- Ghee – 2 Tbsp (Cold pressed coconut oil – 1 1/2 tbsp)
- In a mixer grinder, add almonds, cashewnuts and pistachios and grind them into a powder.
- Add in chopped dates, raisins and again grind well.
- Add the desiccated coconut and ghee / coconut oil and pulse together well. It will start to form a dough.
- Take out in a bowl , and mix well with hand. If you find that its not coming together, sprinkle water and mix well.
- Dust the Modak moulds with ghee/ coconut oil and fill the moulds with the mix. Press the mix well in the mould. Demould and keep in an airtight box.