Summers are here, mango is in season and kids are demanding ice cream. Rather than giving them store bought ones I prefer to make fresh homemade ones.
I have two ice cream recipes , one is a two ingredient sorbet kind mango ice cream and one is with milk and cream. This recipe is the one made with milk and cream. You can also use malai from fresh milk to make this. I add kesar to my mango ice cream coz thts like my fav addition to food.
It’s a easy to make recipe and after making it one would never prefer ice creams from market.
Milk – 500ml + 3 tbsp
Custard powder vanilla -3 tbsp
Sugar – 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp
Amul cream – 1 cup
Mango purée of 3 mangoes
Few strands of kesar
- In a pan heat 500 ml milk with kesar and bring it to boil. In a small bowl mix cold 3tbsp milk and custard powder and make a slurry.
- Add this slurry and 1/4 cup sugar to the boiling milk and whisk well on medium flame. When the mixture bubbles , switch off the gas and leave to cool.
- In a separate pan, mix 3 tbsp sugar and purée of 3 mangoes. Mix well and cook for 5-10 mins on medium flame to make a concentrate.
- Mix the custard and mango mixture and store in an airtight container in freezer do couple of hours.
- After couple of hours, blend the ice cream in a blender to make a smooth ice cream. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- Repeat the process of blending once more after couple of hours.
- Store in an airtight container and relish whenever you want.