I always see people enjoying omelette be it any time of day but specially in breakfast. My husband relishes it but being a vegan I feel nauseous by the smell of eggs. In the end, my husband had to leave his love for omelette 🥰
I once tried this eggless version of omelette and he just loved it. Now it’s his breakfast staple and it can be enjoyed by even eggetarians.
Try this recipe and it will find a permanent place in your menu . My kids take it for school also as a school tiffin snack.
- Besan ot chickpea flour – 1 cup
- Maida – 1/3 cup (or gluten free maida)
- Curd or mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise- 3 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Rock salt or kala namak – 1/2 tsp
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Red chilli powder – as per taste
For the toppings
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Green chillies – 2-3 finely chopped
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Butter or oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix maida , besan, baking powder,rock salt, salt, pepper and red chilli powder. Whisk well.
- Add 3 tbsp curd mix well. Add water and make a thin batter. Whisk properly so that there are no lumps in the batter.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat. When the pan is hot, add a tsp a butter and add a tbsp each of coriander leaves, onions and green chillies. Sautee them for a min.
- Add a ladle of the batter to the sautéed onion mixture. Swirl around the pan to for an even thickness omelette.
- Let it cook till the omelette leaves the pan and becomes light golden from bottom.
- Apply little butter on top side and flip. Cook from both sides and your fluffy omelette is ready to be served.