Panner tikka is a vegetarians go to snack at any party , festival or whenever they wana binge on snack. Its a super healthy , low carb , full on protein snack which is loved by everyone of any age.
My kids prefer to eat them in morning breakfast on a day off. Its a super easy and no fuss dish to make on a lazy morning. many people think that tikkas are a lot of work but trust me they are super easy.
My kids prefer to eat them without any onions or capsicum. You can add capsicum and onion pieces as they taste awesome after baking. Yes!! you read right. I dont barbeque them. I bake and broil them in the oven and the results are same that you would get in a barbeque.
And the best thing is this is gluten free as well.
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoons mustard oil
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 tsp degi mirch
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi or dried fenugreek leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 300 grams paneer, cut into big cubes,
- 1 large onion, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- lemon juice – 1 lemon
- chaat masala – to sprinkle
- Mix all the ingredients under the marinade in a big bowl. make sure that the paneer , onions and capsicum are coated with batter on all sides. Cover with a cling film and leave it to marinade for atleast 4-5 hours. I let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- After the marination time is over, Soak the wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes. Skewer the paneer pieces and onions and bell peppers.
- Preheat the oven to 235*c for 15 mins. and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Keep the skewers on the parchment paper with little gaps between them. I don’t skewer them . I place them on the tray little apart. Baste them with little mustard oil with a brush.
- Bake then for 7-8 mins on 235* and then switch the oven function to broil and let it broil for 3-5 minutes to get the charred effect. Dont overcook the paneer else it wont be soft but taste rubbery.
- Take out the paneer tikkas on a platter, top with chaat masala and lemon juice. Serve with Mint – coriander chut