Granola is one of the healthiest breakfast. These crunchy small bites with the goodness of nuts and almonds give the day a nutritious boost. Oats being heart friendly also give a feeling of fullness.
I prefer to have these with coconut milk and they taste delicious. You can have them with almond milk or with plain milk or eat them just like that as my daughter does.
I used gluten free rolled oats for this. You can also use Instant oats also . You can substitute the nuts with any nut of your choice but the weight of the substitute should remain the same.
- Gluten free rolled oats – 250grams
- Almonds – chopped – 75 gms
- Chopped walnuts – 50 grams
- Chopped cashew nuts – 50 grams
- Shelled pistachios – 25 grams
- Sunflower seeds- 50 grams
- Pumpkin seeds – 70 grams
- Flax seeds – 30 grams
- Water – 100 ml
- Coconut oil – 75 grams
- Palm sugar or coconut sugar or plain sugar – 100 grams
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla essence- 2 tsp
- In a microwave safe bowl, take 100 ml water, 75 grams coconut oil, 100grams sugar, pinch of salt and vanilla essence. Mix everything well together.
- Microwave the mix for 30-45 seconds and then mix untill the sugar is fully dissolved.
- In a big bowl, take oats, almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds. Mix everything together.
- Add in the oil – sugar mixture to the oat nuts mixture. Mix everything together well with a spoon till all the oats and nuts are coated with oil – sugar.
- Pre heat the oven to 130*c for 10 minutes.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and divide the oat mix in two parts. Spread it on the baking trays.
- Bake them for 45 minutes at 140*C.
- After 45 minutes, take them out and give them a mix with a fork in the baking tray itself.
- Again put back to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Take out and let it cool completely in the pan. It will become crisp at this point.
- Store in an airtight jar and eat with almond or coconut milk or just like that.