Baked New York Cheesecakes are my favourite sinful and richest dessert to eat and serve. Its beautiful, rich, creamy texture in contrast to the salty crumbly buttery biscuit base makes it a perfect cake and dessert of all occasions.
This is a simple , eggless New York Cheesecake. You can add any topping to this cake be it strawberry coulis, blueberry coulis, mango puree or even cookie butter . This is a basic cake and trust me it tastes equally tasty when had without any topping. To make it into a birthday cake, just top the cake with whipped cream rosettes and your are done.
The main thing to take into consideration while making this cake is water bath. Generally blogs and bakers suggest you to use a loose bottom tin and cover the base with foil paper both inside and outside so that the water doesn’t seep inside the cake.
I use a regular round baking tin for this and after baking , I leave it in refrigerator overnight and next morning, it come out easily in one piece. So this way, I don’t have to worry about the water from water bath seeping into my cake. Plus no need to buy removable base pans.
Makes a 6″ cake
- Digestive Biscuits – 100 gms crumbled in a mixer grinder
- Melted Amul butter – 30 gms
- Cream cheese (room temp) – 200gms
- Cornflour – 1tbsp
- Condensed milk – 1/4 cup
- Castor sugar – 1/4 cup
- Yogurt (room temp ) – 1/4 cup
- Fresh cream – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Grease and line a 6″ round pan with parchment paper both on the bottom and on the sides.
- Preheat the oven to 180*c for 10 mins.
- In a bowl, combine the crumbled digestive biscuits and melted butter. Press it in the lined cale tin. Press tightly using the back of a katori or glass.
- Bake the cookie base for 10 mins at 180*c.
- In a big bowl, whip together cream cheese, yogurt, condensed milk, cream, castor sugar, vanilla extract and cornflour. Make a smooth batter. Do not overmix.
- Take out the cookie base from the oven and spread the cheesecake mix on the top of cookie base.
- Change the temperature of the oven to 160*c.
- Keep the cake tin on a baking tray and pour a glass of water in the baking tray. Keep the baking tray in the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake the cake at 160*c for 25 mins. To check if its done, lightly touch the top of cake and it should not stick t your fingers.
- Cool on a cooling rack for half an hour and then in a refrigerator overnight.
- Next morning, Invert the cake pan and your cake will come out neatly. The cake is ready to be served
This is a very easy recipe. If you have any doubt or queries please free to contact me. Drop a comment if you make this recipe and share your feedback.
Happy Baking !!!