I try to eat a healthy low carb and low fat meal in evening. I am constantly trying to add veggies and proteins in my meal in innovative ways , which dont make feel that I am on diet or I am starving.
I love paneer in any form and the best way to have it was grilled on a super hot pan along with quick stir fried veggies. Try this simple yet yummilicious recipe and you will start looking at diet food with colourful glasses and start relishing them.
- Paneer or cottage cheese – 250 gm block
- Peri Peri Masala or Nando’s Peri Peri’s sauce -2tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- olive oil – 1 tsp (if using dry masala)
- Broccoli florets – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 large onion sliced
- Garlic – 1 tsp finely chopped
- Carrot – 1 cut into strips
- Bell Peppers – 1 cup cut into strips
- Mushrooms – 1/2 cup sliced
- Salt & Pepper as per taste
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Soy Sauce – 1tbsp
- Olive oil or Seasame oil – 1 tbsp
- Cut the paneer into 2 or 4 rectangular slabs of two inch thick slices.
- Marinate the slices with 1 tsp olive oil, salt & peri Peri masala. (Alternatively, you can marinate with Nando’s peri peri sauce ). Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In a non stick wok, add sesame oil or olive oil.Once heated, add in crushed pepper, garlic and roast for a minute. Next add onions and saute for a minute on high flame. Add in mushrooms , broccoli , carrots and salt as per taste. Mix everything together and cover and cook for couple of minutes.
- Next add in vinegar & soy sauce. Add the bell peppers in last and stir fry everything on high flame for couple of minutes and adjust seasoning.
- Heat a cast iron grill pan or a non stick pan. Grill paneer from both sides till it browns from both sides. Takes only couple of minutes on a hot pan.
- To serve, In a plate , place sauteed vegetables and top with a paneer steak. Serve hot and enjoy.