My daughter is super crazy over these super healthy Vietnamese veg rolls and sweet chilli dipping sauce .
It’s her favourite meal and snack. She relishes eating it as well as wrapping them , stuffing them with her favourite veggies. I also prefer these over other snacks as it’s super nutritious, gluten free and healthy. It’s a tasty way to make kids eats salad. It’s like a salad in a wrapper for my kids.
The dipping sauce is very simple , easy and I always have a jar of sauce in my refrigerator. So whenever hunger pang arises , just dip the paper, stuff with veggies , wrap and dip in sauce and enjoy …. It’s as simple as this.
- Rice paper sheets – 6-8
- Julienned bell peppers- red, yellow – 1/2 each
- Julienned capsicum -1
- Julienned cucumber-1
- Julienned carrot -1
- Warm water to dip the paper -1 cup
- Rice vinegar -1/4 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Soy sauce – 1/2 tsp
- Minced garlic -4-5cloves
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Chilli flakes or siracha sauce
- Water -1 tbsp
- Cornflour-1 tsp
- In a pan , add rice vinegar , soy sauce , water , garlic and bring to a slight boil . In a small bowl make slurry of cornflour with water.
- Add the cornflour slurry to the pan and mix well till it comes to a boil. Keep stirring .
- Remove from flame , add chilli flakes as per your choice and honey . Mix well , cool and store in a glass bottle in refrigerator. You can also add siracha sauce instead of chilli flakes . If u want it more sweet, add an extra 1tsp of honey.
- In a big plate, add warm water. Also keep a damp towel on a flat surface ready as we will be shaping and rolling the rolls on top of the wet cloth to avoid drying of the sheets.
- Dip a rice paper in warm water . 10 seconds each side. Take out an keep on damp towel . Lay down mix veggies across the bottom third. Carefully fold left and right sides over the veggies. Then take the bottom of the wrapper and cover over the fillings and tuck and roll over the whole things like a tight cigar.
- Arrange the finished rolls in a platter and keep them covered with a damp cloth to keep them soft. Serve with the dipping sauce .
- Rice paper is very delicate so use it with light hands and don’t over soak them . Keep them on a damp surface and keep them covered.